MANAGERS SPLIT ON NEW "JUNIOR" SCHEME

But No Immediate Decision Is Likely--Sherburne Leads Opposition--Baldwin, Bickford, Pantaleoni Back Plan

The question of Junior managerships, which the Student Council unanimously approved at its last meeting, will be presented today to the Athletic Association for consideration. The details of the proposed change have not been fully discussed by those concerned, and so no definite decisions have been reached.

A canvass of the present managers has brought out the fact that opinion is almost equally divided on the adoption of the new proposition, but that it favors the system of Sophomores as well as Freshman competitions.

J. H. Sherburne '24, former football manger, is very strongly opposed to any change of the present system. He feels that a manager gets enough out of his work to warrant four years at it. As the Student Council decided, the plan would be impracticable for football anyway due to the excessive amount of work required to manage that sport. "A job of this kind makes you concentrate all the more in your academic work", said Sherburne.

Wants Sophomore Competition

F. T. Baldwin '24, Raoul Pantaleoni '24, and A. C. Bickford '24, managers of crew baseball, and track respectively, all declared themselves in favor of Junior managerships. Bickford is the only one of the three in favor of Sophomore competitions. "In track", he said, "there is no practical way of getting around the Sophomore competition. A man appointed his Freshman year is very apt to go on pro some time before his Junior year, in which case there is no one with adequate experience to replace him."

"The Sophomore competitions are an unnecessary duplication of work", Pantaleoni told the reporter, and this opinion is shared by Baldwin.

Harry Eldridge '24, manager of both squash and tennis, agrees with Sherburne in upholding the present system. In basketball, according to H. K. Prince '24, it would be impossible to eliminate the second competition because of the unusual length of the season. However, it two competitions could be satisfactorily arranged in the Freshman year, he does not oppose the Junior managership plan.