300 CHEER FRESHMAN BOXING TOURNEY FINALS

Innovation Suggested by 1927 Proves Successful--Coach Shevlin Hopes to Make It an Annual Affair

Before an enthusiastic crowd of over 300 students, the final bouts in the first Freshman tournament were held yesterday afternoon in Hemenway Gymnasium.

Suggested and sponsored by members of the Freshman class who considered themselves too inexperienced to enter the University championships, the tournament proved immensely successful, and Coach Shevlln hopes to make it an annual affair.

In the final bout of the 135-pound class, H. S. Satterlee Jr., was defeated by S. D. Sacknoff in a fast, hard bout, in which the final decision was in doubt until the last round.

Boxing slowly and deliberately, J. H. Whitfield defeated J. C. Hinckle in the final bout of the 145-pound class. R. E. Johnson defeated Lawrence Coolidge in the finals of the 160-pound class by being constantly on the aggressive and displaying a knowledge of ring generalship which stamps him as a leading contender for the University championship in this class next year.