SHAW WILL PICK 1927 EIGHTS

Two Freshmen Crews to Practice on Charles During Easter Vacation

Coach Shaw announced yesterday that plans had been made to pick two Freshman eights, and one four to remain in Cambridge during the coming vacation. The personnel of the crews will not be known until Thursday, when Coach Shaw will know definitely what men will be eligible.

During the vacation, the Freshman crews will row twice each day. Since the first race is scheduled three weeks after the close of the Spring recess. Coach Shaw has decided to have practice during that period because the crews have been unusually slow in developing.

While Coach Shaw is not extraordinarily enthusiastic over the prospects for his Freshman crew, he is hopeful that a large number of men now on probation will be relieved from their scholastic difficulties, and become eligible for competition. He expressed satisfaction yesterday afternoon in the spirit displayed by the men, saying they had proved themselves willing workers.

One of the new Pocock shells, which arrived from the Pacific coast the early part of this week, will be used for the first time Saturday by the first Freshmen, and regularly thereafter.

Coach Haines has four 150 pound crews rowing each afternoon, but as yet no attempt has been made to grade them. There will be no rowing during the vacation by the 150 pound or class crews, but immediately after the recess, the crews will be graded.