NINE WILL OPPOSE SETON HALL TEAM

Sophomore Twirlers to Get Into Action Today--Hill on Sick List--No Game for Freshmen This Afternoon

The Crimson nine will meet Seton Hall College this afternoon at 4 o'clock in the last contest before the spring trip. Owing to the wretched condition of the University field the game will probably be played on the Freshman diamond.

The visitors are appearing on a Harvard schedule for the first time. Their strength is problematical, but they are not rated as very formidable opponents because of their 12 to 1 defeat at the hands of Columbia last Saturday. Their pitcher Outwater received rough treatment from the Morningside Heights batsmen, who found him for 13 hits and nine runs in six innings. Kaiser is the most highly touted of the Seton Hall players. His work at third base was the one bright spot in his team's showing last Saturday.

Puffer or Nash in Box for Crimson

Coach Slattery announced Puffer and Nash as the two pitching possibilities for today with Cheek, who made a very favorable impression Saturday, again at the other end of the battery. The absence of K. N. Hill, who is at the Infirmary with the grippe, gives the coaches an opportunity to try out the two Sophomore hurlers, both of whom did well in the practice game last Friday. Puffer in particular has shown flashes of considerable promise. With the exception of the pitcher, the Crimson line-up will remain uncharged.

The cut in the squad is expected daily and may come after the game today. The list of players maing the Southern trip will be announced tomorrow or Friday, as will the personnel of the Freshman trip through Connecticut. The first year players will not play their scheduled game with the High School of Commerce, according to an announcement made last night by Manager Pantaleoni, because the University nine will probably be occupying the Freshman diamond.