POLO TEAM GOES TO NEW YORK TO PLAY PRINCETON

Win Over V. M. I. Last Wednesday Gives University Right to Meet Tiger in Second Round of Intercollegiates

The University polo team will leave tonight for New York, where it will engage the Princeton four tomorrow afternoon in the second round of the outdoor Intercollegiates at Fort Hamilton, Long Island. Harvard blanked Virginia Military Institute in the first round 11 to 0 last Wednesday, while the Tigers eliminated Norwich 12 to 2 on Thursday.

Princeton will enter the game tomorrow afternoon decided favorites, by virtue of an earlier defeat of Harvard at Pinehurst during the Easter vacation, and through comparative scores. It will be the first real test for the Crimson since the return from the South.

Harvard Now Playing Aggressively

The rejuvenated Harvard four is playing an aggressive game of polo, which will require Princeton's best to conquer. The addition of two Freshmen, J. W. Tufts, and R. A. Pinkerton has materially strengthened the team. Both of these men have had considerable previous experience and with the entire present combination returning next year, prospects are encouraging for the future success of polo at the University.

In commenting on the possible outcome of tomorrow's game. Coach Clark was dubious concerning the chances for a win, attributing the effectiveness of the Tiger outfit to its highly developed team-work. "Individually we are the equals of any four in collegiate polo," he declared.