CRIMSON IS STRONG BUT SYRACUSE IS STRONGER

PERKINS, DIMINUTIVE TRACK MAN, SHINES

Flashing the best lacroase that any Crimson team has exhibited for many years against the intercollegiate champions of the country, the University twelve yesterday battled a polished Syracuse machine on almost event terms and yielded finally only by the score of 5-0.

In the first half, Syracuse scored three times. It was in the first of the second period that the Crimson players rose to their best, and for 15 minutes outplayed their opponents and held them scoreless. Then came Syracuse's last two goals, one of which was slipped in while the Crimson goal-guard was out of position.

For the University, Captain Thomas played a game of exceptional brilliance on attack, while Black was the most efficient of the Crimson defenders. Opposing them, Perkins, fast little attack man, scored twice despite Black's skillful guarding, and assisted in, another score; The summary; Harvard  Syracuse Norris, Nunneker, Scheffreen i.h.  c.p. McCarthy Thomas, Ehre o.h  p. Simmons Skilling, Merrian., 1a.  1d. Fitch Sullivan 2a.  2d. Stoddard Gillles 3a.  3d. Failing Merriam, Lawton, Norris c.  c. Shogren, Cole Crane, Chase 3d.  3a. Townsend, Davidson Reed, Hoag 2d.  2a. Nelligan, S. wood Merriam, Savin 1d.  1a.Mahon, Perkins Black, Trynin c.p.  i.h. Longley Watson, Curtis p.  o.h. Jenkins, Mahon Kelsey g.  g; 'wood

The score: Syracuse 5, Harvard, 0.

The score: Syracuse 5, Harvard, 0.