UNDEFEATED SECONDS MEET BROWN FIRST TEAM IN TENNIS

Visitors Have Lost Matches to Both Dartmouth and Bowdoin

The University second tennis team has gone through the season thus far without suffering a single defeat, but it will have to look to its laurels this afternoon when it faces Brown's first team at 3 O'clock on the Divinity Courts.

The visitors will present a formidable front, with captain Bennett, who has played on the team for three years, in number one position, and Chaffee with one year's experience at number two But the rest of the line-up is not so imposing, and should the Seconds drop their first two matches, they still have a good chance of gaining the verdict.

Both teams have played four matches, but since the Crimson has met mostly school teams, and Brown has opposed other colleges, it is difficult to draw comparisons. The latter has been defeated by Dartmouth and Bowdoin; the seconds have a perfect record.

Beats and Debevoise will both be unable to play today, so that the outcome is even more uncertain. Stralem and Bondi, however, are an able pair, and if they are defeated eventually, it should be by the narrowest margin.