TWO CRIMSON NINES HIT NEW HAVEN TOMORROW

Freshman and Second University Teams Leave for Concluding Games of Season--Yale 1927 Slightly Favored

Two Harvard baseball teams will visit Yale tomorrow, the Freshmen with an almost even chance to win and the Second University nine with the odds decisively against it.

The Eli Freshmen on paper shape up as possible winners, for they have an undefeated season behind them, but the Crimson players, have come very fast in the last three weeks. Their record of eight wins and five losses becomes more impressive when one considers that the last four straight cames have been clean-cut victories over the Holy Cross Prince- ton, and Brown Freshmen, and the powerful Andover aggregation.

Booth has pitched these last four games and will work against Yale. Duchin has caught well since gaining his berth in the middle of the season. Howard and Captain Zarakov are the stars of the infield. The outfield has been shifted about a good deal, but the final combination of Durant, Bennett, and de Becker has proved the best. Bennett is the only one who has, kept his place all season, and has led the team in batting.

Yale has three capable pitchers in Burnell, ex-Hotchkiss captain whom last year's Crimson Freshmen pounded for 12 runs; Anderson, former Milford leader; and Scott, brother of the Yale University twirler. The first-named is the most likely to start. Captain Coleman, who was also leader of the basketball team has the unique record of captaining a Freshman team after not having made his preparatory school nine. He was a substitute at Exeter last season.

Seconds Have Mediocre Record

The Crimson, second nine has had an in-and-out record, winning only four out of nine games. Some of the defeats have been due to stupid base running, others to poor fielding, but the hitting has been fairly good throughout. Puffer is the best pitcher, with Nash and Cotter as steady relief men.

Amsden with a batting average of .387 is leading the team in hitting. After a poor start, he has hit for a .500 average in the last four games. Field is runner-up for batting honors with a mark of .361. Captain Rice and Maher are also .300 hitters with averages of .341 and .323 respectively.

Eli Seconds Powerful

The Yale seconds have a formidable line-up. Lovejoy, football captain-elect and a "Y" man in baseball, will catch the offerings of Coxe, last year's second-string Freshman pitcher. A second major sport captain, in the person of Jenkins, next year's hockey leader will play short-stop.

The Yale seconds defeated the Princeton scrubs 5 to 3 and also have won impressive victories over Hotchkiss and the Springfield seconds