DORMITORY ATHLETICS ATTRACT LERGE SQUADS

DORMITORY CREWS TO RACE IN SPRING REGATTA

Inter-dormitory athletics are attracting an unusually large number of men this spring, and already there is evidence of spirited competition in at least five sports, tennis, baseball, track, rowing, and handball.

Although the new courts inside the track on Soldiers Field, which have been in the process of construction during the past few months are not ready as yet, indications are that they will be available soon. These courts will greatly enlarge tennis facilities in the University, which have been sorely taxed because of the popularity of this sport.

Large Number Out For Tennis

With close to 50, men reporting three times a week for tennis on the Soldiers Field courts, in each of the four one hour periods, efforts are being directed to confining the tournaments to each section. In this way there will be a competition in each of the four sections, and dormitory teams will be selected from each group.

In addition to these tournaments, which already are under way, Coach Cowles has a squad of 18 men, exclusive of the Freshman team, who will stage a tournament on the court at Jarvis Field. A final round-robin tournament will he held to select the winning dormitory group.

Dormitory Baseball Squad Big

Coach S. B. Chase 3L., in charge of dormitory baseball, has been greeted with a large squad, from which he has selected a team to represent each dormitory. These games have begun, and each dormitory will play the other two in a two game series in order to decide the championship

A handball tournament held under the direction of Mr. Herbert Walker 1G.Ed., formerly in charge of the 5 o'clock Gymnasium class, is going on at present and the results will be announced in the near future.

Dormitory crew races will be held during the Spring Regatta, to he held May 12 to 17, for the Beacon Challenge Cup. At the same time the various sculling contests will be held.

The date for the inter-dormitory track meet has not, as yet been announced, but Mr. D. J. Kelly of the Department of Physical Education told a CRIMSON reporter yesterday it would be decided within a very few days.