TENNIS MEN TO MEET COLUMBIA NET SQUAD

Anderson, Lang, and Marshall to Play Against Ingraham, Pfaffmann, Briggs--Freshmen Meet Columbia 1927

The University Tennis team will engage in what will perhaps be the hardest match of the season this afternoon when it, meets Columbia at 3 o'clock on the Divinity Courts. At the same time the Freshmen will find a similar proposition in the Columbia first year team. Comparative results indicate two close contests, with victory probably depending on the doubles.

Three Brilliant Men Among Visitors

In Captain Frank Anderson, Lang, and Marshall, three of the leading intercollegiate players in the country, Ingraham, Captain Pfaffmann and Briggs, playing in that order, will have their hands full. A compulsion of the records of the first two men on each team shows a remarkable equality. In the Metropolitan ranking for the last year Anderson was ranked number three and Lang number ten, while in the New England ranking Ingraham is number four and Pfaffmann number ten. The match between Briggs and Case of Columbia should also be very close. In the last three places Cummings, Harrington, and Dixon will meet Weisburger, Wilson and Kong. Victory for the University depends largely on the ability of these men to repeat their performance of last Monday in the practice game against the Business School.

Stars to Meet in Doubles Match

A combination of four very prominent intercollegiate players will be brought together on the same court, when Ingraham and Pfaffmann meet Anderson and Lang in the first doubles match. It is impossible to predict an outcome with four such evenly matched athletes. The second and third doubles combinations will consist of Briggs and Dixon, and Harrington and Cummings.

No change has been made in the Freshman line-up from that announced for the University of Pennsylvania Freshman meet, which had to be postponed on account of the weather. Lenhart, Gordon, Thomson, Jackson, Parker, and Pratt will be the order in singles, while in doubles Gordon and Kingsbury, Lenhart and Pratt, and Thomson and Parker will play together.