SECOND NINE TO OPPOSE STRONG WORCESTER TEAM

Schoolboys Beat Freshmen 8 to 4 Last Saturday--Cut in University Squad Has Strengthened Scrubs

The Seconds will try to avenge a Freshman defeat when they travel this afternoon to Worcester to meet Coach Delehanty's undefeated nine. The 8 to 4 victory over the 1927 team last Saturday was the fourth straight win for the schoolboys and Follett, the twirler who is credited with three of these, will be out for his fourth today. Cooley, the shortstop who sewed up the 1927 game with his home run in the ninth frame with two men on bases, will lead off again and McGill, who has been hitting for the highest average on the Worcester team, will be in the clean-up position.

University Cut Strengthens Seconds

Coach Stewart's second team has been materially helped by the recent cut in the University squad. Burton will replace Pratt in left field and Nash will probably be on the mound. Cotter, who relieved Johnson in the Exeter game, may get the assignment, or if Coach Delehanty decides at the last minute to use a left-handed pitcher. Cotter may be used in center field. Coach Stewart believes in using right-handed batters against southpaws, and there may possibly be several last-minute changes in the line-up. The Second team staff of mound artists is not so strong as it might be and the addition of Nash and Puffer will do much to strengthen it. Johnson, who came so near to shutting out the Middlesex nine last week, has been having some trouble with his arm, and the two additions to the squad will give him a chance to rest it.