NEW LECTURE HALL WILL HOUSE DEMOCRATIC RALLY

EXPECT CAPACITY CROWD; WOMEN AND CHILDREN EXCLUDED

The miniature Democratic National Committee, at its special meeting yesterday afternoon, definitely decided to hold the nominating convention in New Lecture Hall on two successive nights, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. The preliminaries, the platform, and maybe one or two ballots will be the order of business Tuesday evening, but it is thought that two short sessions will be preferable to one long one. The convention will adjourn early and leave most of the voting for candidates for the second night.

At the meeting yesterday, which Mr. Herbert C. Pell '05, Chairman of the New York State Democratic Committee attended, the National Committee also determined to limit the number of guests by allowing each state chairman to invite three. The small size of the balcony in New Lecture Hall will make it impossible to admit the public. The convention will be limited to male guests, so that the presence of women and children will not force the delegates to restrain themselves.

The leader of the Underwood faction, J. S. Wood '25, has received a letter from Senator Underwood thanking him for espousing his cause. "If the Democratic Party," the letter runs, "at its National Convention will nominate a sound candidate upon a constructive platform, based upon the fundamental principles of Democracy. I believe we shall have an excellent chance of winning in the general election."

The Underwood supporters, with campaign headquarters in Westmorly 37, are making a strong fight to secure the nomination of their candidate. Seven Souther states are practically pledged to Underwood already, and several other delegations are expected to be in line by Tuesday evening.