ALL FRESHMAN CONTESTS WITH PRINCETON OFF

RULE APPLIES TO ALL FRESHMAN SPORTS CONTESTS

Princeton, N. J., June 9--According to an announcement made today by the Princeton Athletic Association, the football schedule for the Freshman team has been ratified for the coming season. The most interesting change in the list of games is the discontinuance of the annual contest with the Harvard Freshman Except for the withdrawal of the contest with the Harvard Freshmen, the schedule will remain the same as last year's with seven games, four of which are to be played here and the other three on the various opponent's gridirons.

The fact that the annual football game between the Harvard and Princeton Freshman teams has been erased from the schedule just drawn up for the Class of 1928 was confirmed by Mr. F. W. Moore '92, graduate treasurer of the Harvard Athletic Association yesterday afternoon in the offices of the H. A. A. The cancellation was effected, he said by mutual agreement of the Associations of the two Universities, and concerns not only Freshman football games, but all Freshman athletic contests which involve trips between Cambridge and Princeton.

Radical Shifts for 1928 Programs

This move will cause a radical change in the schedules of next year's Freshman teams. For the past two or three years, Freshman trips between the two Universities have been frequent. Last year the 1926 Freshman teams met in every major sport except hockey, and this year contests have been held between the Harvard and Princeton Freshmen in football baseball, and track. Next year, however, all Freshman contests between the two Universities will be cancelled. In explaining this arrangement, Mr. Moore said.

"It was mutually agreed by the two Athletic Committees this winter to cut out all Freshman competitions with Princeton. Such competitions have been irregular in the past, and it is only in the past few years that they have become at all frequent. The chief reason for discontinuing the Freshman contests for the future lay in the length of the trip between Cambridge and Princeton, and the long absences which it made necessary."

Of the three football games which the Princeton Freshman will play away from Princeton next year, two will be outside New Jersey--one the game with the Yale Freshmen in New Haven on November 8. The other two trips are to be made on the same day, October 18, when one Freshman football team will leave for Merceraburg, Pa, to meet Mercereburg, Academy; and another to Hightetown, N. J., to play the Peddie School. The Dartmouth Freshmen will also journey from Hanover, N. H. to play the Princeton Freshmen.