WALSH THANKS DEMOCRATIC CLUB FOR MOCK NOMINATION

Urges Students to Hold Fast to Basic Principles of Party

Senator Thomas J. Walsh of Montans, who was nominated for vice-president of the United States by acclamation at the Harvard Democratic mock national convention last month, has written a note of appreciation to the men who took part in the convention. The senator's note, addressed to the president of the Harvard Democratic Club, follows:

"I received your wire and subsequently a booklet announcing the action taken by the Harvard Democratic Club at its mock convention in naming me for vice-president. Permit me to express to you, and, through you, to your associates, my very keen appreciation of the regard thus manifested toward me. It is particularly gratifying to me to be so honored by a group of young men, naturally forward-looking, preparing for the serious tasks of life. There is a splendid opportunity before you to render signal service to your country by inculcating the sound principles of government associated with the name of the founder of our party. "Cordially yours,   T. J. WALSH."