ARTHUR LEHMAN '94 MAKES $200,000 GIFT

Temporary Frame Structure on Delta to Go--New Edifice of Colonial Type Will House College Offices

A gift of $200,000 to the University was announced last night by Bishop William Lawrence '71, chairman of the committee to extend the service of the University. Mr. Arthur Lehman '94, a New York City banker, is the donor, and has expressed the wish that the fund be used for the erection of a new University Administration Building.

This building will be located at the corner of the Yard nearest the rotunda, exactly on the site of old Dane Hall which was burned in 1917. Since that time the College offices have been housed in a temporary frame structure located next to Memorial Hall in the delta.

Colonial Architecture to be Used

The gift of Mr. Lehman will make the new structure possible. Although the plans for it have not yet been made, the colonial architecture of the other buildings in the Yard will be carried out in the construction of the new building.

Mr. Lehman entered business in New York after his graduation from the University and became a partner in the banking firm of Lehman Brothers in 1897. He has been closely associated with civic movements in New York City and is a member of many clubs.

Bishop Lawrence announced that although this gift was not a contribution to the campaign now being conducted for Chemistry, Fine Arts, and Business equipment, the gift undoubtedly came as a result of interest aroused by the present effort.