EXPECT RECORD NUMBER OF FOOTBALL CANDIDATES

KICKERS MEET SOON TO RECEIVE BALLS FOR SUMMER

A new record in number of football candidates is certain to be made next fall, according to the football management. The size of the squads has increased steadily since the War, and even the high water mark of 148, reached last fall, should be surpassed.

A meeting of all prospective punters, drop kickers, and place-kickers at the Locker Building on Soldiers' Field will be called in a few days for the purpose of lining up the material for the fall. As a result of the spring practice work, many of the candidates will be especially well-grounded in the fundamentals and the early preliminary work is expected to be more systematic than usual.

College will begin on September 22, so that football practice will start on Monday, September 15. The hour set is 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

Most of the University candidates are planning to do conditioning work this summer, either with the pick and shovel, or by means of summer athletics. A bunch of hardened athletes will report on Soldiers Field next September.

After the meeting at the end of this week or the beginning of next, the management will lend footballs for the summer to logical candidates for the University squad.