DUNKER TO CAPTAIN 1925 TRACK TEAM

Second Shotputter to Captain Team in 34-Year History of University Track--R. F. Brown the First

At a meeting of the 25 members of the University track team early yesterday afternoon in Notman's Studio, Henry Traugott Dunker '25, of Davenport, Iowa, was elected captain of the University Track team for 1925 by a large majority.

Since his entrance into college in the fall of 1921, Dunker has made for himself a record of remarkable athletic and scholastic achievement. In his Freshman year, in addition to playing on the 1925 football team, he captained his Freshman relay team, on which he starred as anchor man throughout the season; and in the spring of 1922 he was also elected captain of the Freshman track team on which he proved a consistent point-scorer in the shotput.

Has Received "H" Four Times

In his Sophomore and Junior years, Dunker has each season won his letter on the football team and on the track team. In 1922 he was a regular tackle on the University football team, and the following season he was shifted to guard at which position he played throughout the season. On the track teams, he has proved a powerful understudy to Eastman, who graduates this year, and he has broken into the scoring at both of the Harvard Yale meets in which he has competed.

This is but the second time in the 34 years since the founding of Harvard track in 1801 that a shotputter has been elected to captain the track team. On the whole, the majority of captaincies seem to have gone to sprinters, hurdlers, and middle distance manners. J. F. Brown '22, who lead the University team his Senior year, was the first weight man to be elected to that position, and Dunker, in 1925, will be his first successor.

Prepared for Harvard at Exeter

Dunker prepared for Harvard at Exeter, where he was it substitute on the school football team, and placed against Andover in the hurdles at the Andover. Exeter track meet his final year. He failed however to make his letter in both sports while at Exeter.