ATHLETIC COMMITTEE HAS BUSY SESSION

Lacrosse Team Quits Intercollegiate League to Avoid Long Trips--Cross Country Schedule Out

A busy session for the Athletic Committee on Wednesday evening cleaned up all the athletic affairs of the University for the past year.

Insignia were voted to 126 men on 11 minor sports teams,--the University and Freshman lacrosse, basketball, and tennis teams; the University 150-pound crew; the second University tennis team; the University fencing team; and the Freshman rifle and wrestling teams.

Lacrosse Team Quits League

At the suggestion of Coach Herbert, the newly appointed lacrosse coach, the committee voted that the University lacrosse team should withdraw from the Intercollegiate Lacrosse League. Most of the teams in this league come from colleges in New Jersey and New York state, and it has in the past been necessary for the University team to take many long trips in the course of each season. Next year these trips will be avoided almost entirely and a schedule with local teams will be arranged more suitable to the development of the unexperienced material composing the University squad.

Cross Country Card Approved

The only schedule to be approved by the Committee was that for the University Cross Country team next fall. The list of meets as ratified on Wednesday reads as follows:

Friday, Oct. 10.--Middlebury.

Friday, Oct. 17.--Holy Cross.

Friday, Oct. 24.--Dartmouth.

Friday, Oct. 31.--M. I. T.

Friday, Nov. 7.--Springfield.

Saturday, Nov. 15.--Princeton and Yale at Princeton.

Many Managers Appointed

The following managerial appointments, already approved by the Miner Sports Council, were finally passed on by the committee: Lyon Boston '26, of New York, second assistant manager of University tennis; Alfred Reginald Allen Jr. '26, of Philadelphia, assistant manager of University tennis; Richard Folsom Haywood '27, of Cincinnatti, Ohio, manager of Freshman tennis; David Waller Bakeless '26, of Bloomberg, Pa., second assistant manager of University lacrosse; and William Brewster '27, manager of Freshman basketball. Alfred Reginald Allen 26 of Philadelphia, winner of the second assistant manager competition in fencing as well as tennis, was appointed manager to replace Richard Aley Durham '25, of Louisville, Ky., former assistant manager, who has recently been elected captain of the fencing team.