MEMORIAL HALL MAKES CHANGES IN ORGANIZATION

CHANGES ARE MADE AS RESULT OF QUESTIONNAIRE LAST SPRING

With this, its fiftieth year-as an eating place for students in the University, Memorial Hall has undergone radical changes, and when it is formally opened for service on Tuesday morning at 7:30 o'clock, those who breakfast there will see many striking innovations.

Changes in the establishment and the personnel are accompanied by an entire re-organization. From the cheaper prices of 35 cents for breakfast, 65 cents for luncheon and 75 cents for dinner, to arrangements by which students can sit with their friends, almost every detail has been altered to some degree.

Changes Meet Previous Requests

Several articles in the CRIMSON last year, drew attention to the fact that a very small percentage of students in the University ate at the Dining Halls as they were then being managed. At that time, Frederick Meade '87, Comptroller of the University, gathered opinions from the students, and their result is to be shown on Tuesday morning.

The most striking change is that in the organization of the Dining Halls, instead of paying for board by the week students will this year be able to buy single meals at the Hall. A more convenient plan is provided by which coupon books may be obtained at the Bursar's office and the cost of the books charged on the next term bills.

White Waitresses Replace Negresses

The hall has been provided with entirely new service and new equipment which are expected to improve the quality of the dining hall. White waitresses have been substituted for the negro waiters, and a complete stock of new tables and easy armchairs has been put in. Not only will the menu be more varied in the future, but white table clothes, out of use for over a dozen years, will be restored.

As in the past, smoking will be allowed at the tables and a lounge will be furnished in front of the dining hall where students will be able to read. And for the first time in its half-century of existence, Memorial Hall will extend its privileges to ladies with escorts