CRIMSON TO START FOUR COMPETITIONS TOMORROW

EDITORIAL COMPETITION OPEN TO CLASS OF 1926

Competitions for the four departments of the CRIMSON will open tomorrow night at 7 o'clock with a meeting of all candidates in the President's office of the Crimson building, Plympton street.

Only men from the class of 1927 may compete for the news, business, and photographic boards. The competition for the editorial board is open only to members of the class of 1926. The competitions for all four departments will last 11 weeks, ending simultaneously about December 10.

Regular Reporting For Sophomores

Sophomores who are trying for positions as editors on the news board will gather and write up news in and around the College. Some of this news will be particular stories assigned by the assistant managing editor, some will be in the nature of "scoops" stories discovered by the candidate on his own initiative.

The work of a business candidate consists chiefly in securing advertisements and subscriptions and in learning the details of the executive work of the business office which does an annual gross business in excess of $50,000. Any candidates who wish to start in on this competition today may report to the business manager this morning.

Photographic candidates will be required to take photographs of men and events connected with the University and do some dark room work.

The work for the editorial board will consist entirely of submitting original editorials. The number required at first will be two a week, but this will be gradually increased as the competition advances.