COUNCIL TAKES UP FRESHMAN AFFAIRS

Dunker Heads Council With Robb, Martin, and Cowles Other Officers--May Print Pamphlet to Help 1928

One of the most important acts of the recently completed Student Council following the election of officers for the coming year at a meeting held in the Crimson Sanctum yesterday afternoon was the appointment of a committee of seniors to direct Freshman activities until the class of 1928 elects its own officers. B. F. Rice-Bassett '25 is caairman of this committee, which includes Alden Briggs and M. W. Greenough.

Results from Investigation

The appointment of this committee comes as a result of an investigation made by last year's Student Council on the problem of "Harvard indifference". In the opinion of the investigating committee, the chief trouble lay with the entering class, and was caused by the lack of any sort of organization. It will be the purpose of this committee to aid the formation of a spirit of class unity, and their first move in this direction will probably be a smoker in the near future.

Henry Traugott Dunker '25 of Davenport, Iowa, was elected President of the Student Council for the coming year. The other officers are Phillip Hunter Robb '25 of Winchester, Vice-president, Everett Wells Martin '26 of Middleboro, Secretary, and Gardner Cowles Jr. '25 of Des Moines, Iowa, Treasurer.

Cheer Leaders are Picked

Representatives from each of the major sports were chosen to be cheer-leaders for the football games this fall. Sylvester Baker Kelley '25 of Reading, Crew Captain, Clark Hodder '25 of Newton, Hockey star, Walter Leeds Chapin Jr. '25 of St. Paul, Minn., Cross-Country captain, and member of the University track team and John Edwin Toulmin '25 of Boston, pitcher on the University nine, are the four men selected. The cheer-leaders are orinarily the major captains, but Dunker, track captain, Beals, hockey captain and Hammond baseball captain, are all on the football squad. The three last-named cheer-leaders will serve in their places.

The officers of the Student Council were appointed as a committee to look over the advisibility of publishing a pamphlet to assist Freshmen in passing their work satisfactorily at the November Hour Examinations. The unusually large number of casualties in past incoming classes after its first examination has prompted this consideration by the Student Council.

Gardner Cowles Jr., Donald Bosson Fleming, and Marion Adolphus Cheek Jr. were appointed as a committee to supervise the publishing of the Register.