TELLS SICK STUDENTS PROPER COURSE OF ACTION

Medical Adviser Issues Statement for Information of Those Who Do Not Know What to Do When Ill

Because many students in the University are not familiar with the steps to take in case of illness, the following announcement was made yesterday by Dr. M. H. Bailey, Medical Adviser in the University.

Students confined to their rooms by illness may send word to the Medical Adviser's office. Wadsworth House 5, Telephone University 7600 between 8:30 and 9:30 o'clock in the morning, and 5:00 to 6:00 o'clock in the afternoon. For anything urgent at other hours, the medical Adviser may be notified at his residence, 1569 Massachusetts Avenue, telephone University 10720.

The Medical Adviser will see patients in the order the calls are received, with the exception that any urgent call will be made as soon as possible.

Students whose illnesses are not serious enough to prevent their going out should go to the Medical Adviser's office during office hours, as outside these hours the Medical Adviser is busy at the Still-man Infirmary, and in calling on patients too ill to come to the office.

Persistent abdominal pain and any rash or eruption should be reported at once. The earlier the detection of contagious or other serious illness the greater the protection to the individual and his associates.

These privileges and supervision are provided for the benefit and protection of the student community.