McGLONE FOLLOWS DUNKER TO STILLMAN

Team A Proves Defensive as Well as Offensive Power in Another Hard Scrimmage on Soldiers Field

One more football player is temporarily lost to the University football squad it was learned last night. J. C. McGlone '26, who played in most of the games last year including the Yale game, has been quarantinued at the Stillman Infirmary as a carrier of the diphtheria germ.

Although McGlone shows no outward signs of illness and is not even confined indoors, Dr. T. K. Richards '15 thought it best as a precautionary measure against the spreading of the disease to place him in quarantine. Dr. Richards said last night that McGlone would be in football uniform again within a week.

Hard Work Again for Squad

Hard work was again the slogan at Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon when Coach Fisher put the University players through another gruelling scrimmage against the scrubs. Wednesday's scrimmage served to test the offensive power of the first three line-ups, Yesterday proved that they were equally strong on the defense. Time and again the black shirts tried to drive the University lines back, but in vain. Captain Greenough's men and later Team B were immovable.

Samborski Replaces Miller

Miller, the 205-pound back, was missing from the line-up when Team A took the field. Samborski, who scored the touchdown for Team B Wednesday, filled the vacancy. For 12 consecutive plays the struggling scrubs fought to gain ten yards. E. H. Bradford, Nash, Theopold, Adie, C. H. Bradford, Greenough and chase, however, were not giving away any ground, so the ball went to the University. From the 40-yard line to the goal posts they repeated the charge of the day before. Pounding constantly at the scrub's line they rapidly drove them on Hodler substituted for Adie, Cheek for Spalding, and Puffer for Gehrke. It was Puffer, recently arisen from the seconds, who finally carried the pigskin over.

Team B Likewise Scores

Coach Fisher sent Team A in shortly after 5 o'clock, and Team B was given a chance to show their offensive strength. Baldwin, Locke and Robinson were new in the line, which displayed nearly as much strength as the first string line. At quarterback, Zarakov was given his first opportunity to direct an eleven in action. After Team B had recovered the ball from the scrubs, Zarakov led the team down the field for a touchdown, scored by Cheek, who substituted for Puffer.