ZARAKOV SHOWS OLD-TIME FORM IN STADIUM DASH

CORCORAN AND BROWN PROMOTED FROM SECOND TEAM

Standing out from the tense atmosphere of work at the Stadium yesterday afternoon, was a brilliant 25-yard dash around the scrubs' end by Zarakov. His phenomenal speed and broken field running ability for the first time since the middle of the 1927 Freshmen season, displayed itself yesterday as he wormed his way down the field, leaving a line of sprawling blackshirts behind.

Otherwise yesterday's scrimage was a mere repitition of the two preceding days' Team A forced the ball through the scrubs with seemingly little difficulty for 45 yards, scoring on a line rush by Maher, who again went in for Gehrke.

Playing on the defense, the first University line-up was unable to check Team B which gained two first downs. Later, Coach Knox's men, showing an improved offense also scored a first down against Captain Greenough's team when a 15-yard pass over center netted them a first down.

The University squad is still growing for after yesterday's practice it was announced that two more men had been promoted. P. A. Corcoran '27, an 185-pound end, ineligible last season, and J. W. Brown '27, better known as a hurdler than a football player, are the most recent acquisitions of the University squad. Brown, a lanky back weighing less than 160 pounds, saw some service on Coach Campbell's Freshman squad last year, but has only recently acquired the brilliancy which made him look promising to Coach Fisher.