PLAN SUNDAY LECTURES ON RELIGION AT P. B. H.

AIM IS TO AID MEN IN FORMING RELIGIOUS CONCEPTS

A calendar of Sunday afternoon lectures on religious topics to be delivered in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House, at 4 o'clock, has just been announced.

This course, given under the auspices of the Graduate School Society and the Harvard Christian Association, proposes to offer men of the University general information in religion analogous to that given in such courses as Philosophy A and Government 1. It is designed to enable Harvard men to understand the main religious systems and concepts, particularly those involved in the present controversy in the Churches, so that they can intelligently take a position in religion.

Will be Open to Questioning

The lectures will be followed by ample periods for questioning. Questions may be left at Phillips Brooks House so that the lecturer may consider them before the meeting, or be made orally or in writing at the close of the lecture. Books for further study of the topics will be recommended by the lecturers.

President Eliot Opens Series

The first lecture will be given on October 12 by Charles William Eliot '53, President of Harvard University, Emeritus, who will take for his topic "Religion for Modern Youth". This will be given in the Paine Concert Hall in the Music Building. The other lectures in the series, however, will be given in Phillips Brooks House.

The remainder of the program is as follows:

October 19.--Sources and Authority of the Bible, Professor B. J. Cadbury.

October 26.--Historical Data Concerning Jesus, Professor Kirsopp Lake.

November 2.--Evidence Concerning God, Professor C. I. Lewis '06.

November 9.--The Actual Teaching of Jesus Himself, Dean W. L. Sperry.

November 16.--Life After Death--Hell, Purgatory, Heaven, Immortality, Mr. H. W. Fenn '94, former Dean of the Divinity School.

November 28.--Sin. Conversion, Forgiveness, Atonement, Professor Angus Dun.

November 30.--The Social Teaching of Jesus Christ, Mr. F. G. Peabody '69, former Dean of the Divinity School.

December 7.--Religion in Law, Politics, and International Relations, Professor W. B. Muuro.

December 14.--Religion in Business, Mr. R. W. Babson of Babson institute.