RELAY MEN PREPARE FOR B. A. A. MEET

To Run for First Time Since Olympics--Others to Be Chosen From Cutcheon, Chapin, Haggerty, and Tibbetts

Attention this week at the Soldiers Field board track is being directed toward choosing the two-mile relay team which will race Yale, and the one-mile team to oppose M. I. T. on Saturday night at the B. A. A. games.

The members of last year's two-mile team who defeated Yale for the first time in eight years at the B. A. A. games are all available. They are R. G. Allen '26, W. L. Chapin '25, B. R. Cutcheon '25, and J. N. Watters '26. The Addition of E. C. Haggerty '27 and Willard Tibbetts '26 to the squad this winter, and the improvement of Herbert Kobes '26, have made the choice of a team difficult. Allen will be switched to the quarter-mile distance on the one-mile team, a race better suited to his ability than the half. Watters will be scen in action for the first time since he ran in the Olympics at Paris last summer. He only recently became eligible by passing off a language requirement. Although he has contented him-self with light practice to date, Coach Farrell counts on hard work this week as sufficient to bring his time for the half under two minutes by Saturday night. Huggerty is sure of a place, having so far outclassed all competitors in 600-yard and half-mile time trials. Byron Cutcheon and Willard Tibbetts are at their best when running a mile, two miles, or cross country. Their problem is to develop speed in the half without tying up. The chief opponents on the Yale team will be Gulifuss, Banon, and Multer. Guilfuss and Bannon ran in the B. A. A. relay a year ago, and took second and third places in the half in the dual meet last spring.

Elis Poor Third in New York

The Yale team received its first test in New York Saturday night against Georgetown and Boston College. Georgetown broke the indoor record, covering the distance in 7.46 while Yale finished a poor third. This poor showing should not furnish the University any ground for optimism, since last year's two-mile relay was clocked in 8.11. Had the record breaking Georgetown team run the University at the B. A. A. last year it would have won by over a lap.

The competition for the one-mile team is between F. P. Kane '26, R. G. Allen '26, L. L. Robb '25, Carl Lundell '27, K. M. Rogers '26, and Joe McGlone '26. At present Kane, Allen, and Lundell seem surest of their places. Kane is probably the University's most versatile track man. Besides equalling the time of any man on the squad in the 440, he could make a berth on the two-mile team. As a Freshman he ran a fast mile on a winning intercollegiate medley relay team. He is also a broad jumped and placed against Yale last spring in the high and low hurdles. Kane, Allen and Robb ran on the one-mile relay team which was barely nosed out by Yale for the indoor intercollegiate championships last winter. M. I. T. will gather the four best individual performers in the relay races with the University last week into a one-mile team to oppose the University. They will probably be Jeppe Bateman Howlett and Leness.

1928 Team Will Also Race Yale

A Freshman team will race the Fill yearlings over the one-mile route. It will be picked from O'Neil Taylor Hall Brayton Murchie and Lutman.

The Crimson will be represented at the Milrose A. C. games in New York tonight by Haggerty in the 600. Fletcher in the 50yard high handles, and Chase and Miller in the 40yard dash.