COPELAND TO GIVE FIRST READING OF YEAR TONIGHT

EDMONDS TO SPEAK ON CHANGES IN NEW ADVOCATE

Professor C. T. Copeland '82, who this year succeeds Dean Briggs as Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory will give his first reading of the year, open to all undergraduates in the University, tonight at 7.30 o'clock in the faculty room of the Union. He will read at a meeting held under the auspices of the Advocate. While the meeting is primarily for new candidates for the Advocate, it will be open to all members of the University.

Each year Professor Copeland gives a number of public readings, though last year illness forced him to forego several. He has not announced what he will read tonight. Besides reading, Professor Copeland will speak briefly on the history of the Advocate.

The only other speaker will be W. D. Edmonds '26, President of the Advocate. He will tell of the new plan for reorganizing the Advocate on larger lines than in the past, and will explain the work of the competitions to the candidates. Competitions in both the literary and business departments will begin tonight, and will be open to all members of the college, including Freshmen.