FISHER DRILLS FOOTBALL TEAM ON DEFENSIVE WORK

No Regular Scrimmage Held Yesterday--Team A Line-Up Remains Same as in Tuesday's Scrimmage

Coach Fisher sent the University football squad through a stiff defensive drill yesterday with emphasis laid on the importance of an airtight line and a strong defensive backfield. The first squad devoted almost the entire afternoon to hard tackling and blocking.

Although no regular scrimmage was held yesterday, Coach Knox brought up his scrub team to give team A 15 minutes' practice on the defense. Team B went in after the first eleven had finished and had about 10 minutes of the same kind of drill, and the remainder of the afternoon was devoted to routine work inside the Stadium.

The team A line-up both for the signal drill and scrimmage was the same as that which started the long scrimmage on Tuesday. Cheek was at quarterback with Miller as fullback and Crosby and Coady at halfbacks. In the line were Saltonstall and Sayles at end. Nash and Lindner at tackle. Kilgour and Daley at guard, and Macomber at center.

A lighting system for the outside practice field has been arranged and will be installed soon to make late practice possible with the rapidly shortening days. Twelve 2000-watt are lights have been secured to be hung from poles which will be 50 feet high. These lights will be spaced about 10 yards apart and placed six on either side so as to illuminate the whole playing field.