DALEY OUT OF LINE FOR SECOND CONTEST

Middlebury Delegation Was Swamped in Bowl Last Week, but in Past Has Held University to Low Count

The class of 1929 will meet in Smith Halls quadrangle at 2.15 o'clock this afternoon to march behind the band to the Middlebury game.

The band will enter the east gate of the quadrangle after parading past Gore and Standish Halls, and will lead the Freshmen down Boylston Street, over the Anderson Bridge, and in the Looker Building gate to Soldiers Field. Section 35 of the Stadium has been reserved for the class of 1929.

With one exception, the University football team will line up against Middlebury with the same eleven that last Daley, veteran of last year's campaign, will not be at his post in the line, the injury he received in the opening game not having healed sufficiently to allow his participation. His place will be filled today by C. H. Bradford.

Yesterday, for the third successive afternoon, no strenuous practice was held. The inclement weather drove the squad into the baseball cage, where nothing but drill on signals was held. Practice was over by 3.15 o'clock.

Today's game should prove interesting to Harvard football followers, for it will be the first game that affords any basis for comparison between the University and Yale. Last Saturday Yale routed Middlebury 53-0, and if the University today approaches this mark the new offensive will have very definitely proved its worth.

Of Middlebury, little is known beyond the overwhelming score by which they went down to defeat before Yale's powerful attack. The Vermont team emerged from the battering at New Haven with only one man injured physically. Whether young Klevenow, last year's Middlebury captain and now serving his first season as a coach, can pull together the morale of his men, will not be decided until this afternoon. If the Middlebury eleven fails to press Harvard, it will be the first time that the Vermonters have failed to do so since Harvard's 20-0 win in 1921.

With two strong backfields to send into the game, Coach Fisher is well equipped with reserve carriers. Especially encouraging from the Harvard point of view is the improvement in the play of Zarakov and Stafford. With a heavy backfield starting and these two slippery offensive threats in reserve to throw in against a tired team, Coach Fisher has a versatility of material that may cause trouble.

To what extent Stafford will be used to replace Cheek, and how much punishment Zarakov's knee will stand, all are questions that will probably be answered in this afternoon's game