SOCCER MEN WIN GLORY IN NEITHER ENCOUNTER

SLIPPERY FIELD AND HIGH WIND WRECK ALL TEAM-PLAY

The University Soccer men were held to a one-point tie in Saturday's game with Amherst, in the last match before the start of the Intercollegiate Soccer League season.

The game was marked throughout by a lack of teamplay, caused to a great extent by a high wind which caused difficulty in the aiming of shots, and by a slippery field. Two extra five-minute periods failed to settle the victory one way or the other.

Driggs Scored Lone Tally

The single goal for the University was made by Driggs early in the game, but was offset soon after the start of the second period by Steel for Amherst, who scored from a hard scrimmage in front of the goal.

Taber Shuts Out Freshmen

The results of the Freshman game with Tabor Academy were also disappointing to Crimson supporters, in view of the unusually large amount of material available.

Fay and Griffin for the visitors scored the two tallies which shut out Coach Pattison's yearlings, and at no time were the Freshmen able to stage a rally.

The summary is as follows: University  Amherst Thomas, g.  g., Gray Tarnowsky, l.f.b.  l.f.b., Underwood Phancuf, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Roundy Wickersham, l.h.b.  l.h.b., Gibson Rubia, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Knox McKinnon, r.h.b.  r.h.b., Green Gherardi, o.r.  o.r., Bennett Crooks, i.r.  i.r., Harlan Wright, c.  s., Steel Trevvett, i.l.  i.l., Hanford Driggs, o.l.  o.l., Hoyt

Score, Harvard 1, Amherst 1. Goals, Driggs, Steele. Time of halves, 30 min.; two extra five-minute periods. Referee, Weymer.