BROWN COACHES PLEASED WITH IMPROVED WORKING OF TEAM

New Precision in Interference and Line Work Seen in Revamped Bear Outfit

Providence, R. L. October 20--Rejuvenated and re-vamped, a completely unified Brown team took Bates into camp here Saturday afternoon, the game ending in Brown's favor 48 to 0.

The score was the least important fact resulting from the game. Far more important to both the coaches and to the student body were two facts: namely, that the team seemed to have recovered from the depressing end to the Pennsylvania game on the preceding Saturday, and secondly that the team itself seemed further advanced than it has at this time for the past several years.

At least one hundred per cent improved was the interference, each man filling his assigned part in the general scheme of the attack, cleaning out both first line and secondary defense with the precision of clock work, opening up gaping holes in the line for the backs to sift through for long gains.

The aerial attack, when used throughout the game showed a distinct step up from the slip-shod method used during the earlier games of the season.

As to the condition of the regulars and the reserves nothing more could be asked. As far as is known, the only casualty is Stephens, regular center, who is suffering with an injured shoulder, contracted during the Penn game.

With the Yale game but six days away, practise will be speeded up and intensive drills, with no let-up will be the order of the day in the Bear football camp.