LENGTHY DEFENSIVE DRILL PREPARES FOR DARTMOUTH

ADIE REPLACES SALTONSTALL AT WING--BRADFORD ON B

Coach Fisher put the University squad through a long afternoon of defensive drill yesterday. Dummy scrimmage with the scrubs demonstrating Dartmouth plays, and work for the backs against forward passes constituted the main part of the practice.

The Team A line-up found Adie, who has been out with an injured leg, back in the game and holding down Saltonstall's place at end. E. H. Bradford, who has been playing in Saltonstall's old position, was on Team B yesterday.

Coady and Chauncey did not dress for play, and it seems very likely that Coady will not be in the line-up against Dartmouth. Howe took his place in the backfield; but if Howe starts in Saturday's game Harvard's punting problem will be difficult. Cheek, Miller, and Crosby are not strong kickers, so it seems probable that should Coady be out Maher will play in the backfield.

Cheek and Miller Back

Cheek and Miller got back into action yesterday, though Cheek took things easy and McGlone piloted the first team most of the afternoon. Kilgour and Stafford were present in civilian clothes, but both will be back in uniform tomorrow. With Stafford out Moseley, in former years a second team quarterback, but so far this season a halfback, called signals for Team B.

On Team A Sayles and Adie were on the wings, Lindner and Pratt played at the tackles, C. H. Bradford and Hoague held down the guard positions, and Macomber was back at centre. McGlone and later Cheek played quarterback, with Crosby, Miller, and Howe at the backfield stations. Maher replaced Miller during the afternoon.

On Team B Shapiro at centre with Tripp, Nash, and E. H. Bradford flanking him on the right, and Daniell, Taylor, and Doherty on the left, Moseley at quarter called signals to Clark, Puffer, and Zarakov.

The Team C line-up was as follows: Baldwin (A. Fordyce), l.e. J. R. Fordyce, l.t.. Simonds, l.g.; Shapiro, c.; Laimbeer, r.g.; Vietor, r.t.; Chase, r.e.; Hamlen, q.b.; Nordberg, l.h.b.; Innes, r.h.b.; Barbee, f.b.