HOPPER AND CLIVE WILL SPEAK TO THEATREGOERS

GOULD IS SECURED AS NEW YORK AGENT FOR CLUB

The Theatregoers Club will launch its season at a meeting in Emerson Hall on Friday, October 29 at 4 o'clock. De Wolf Hooper, musical comedy star, and E. E. Clive, actor and director will be the speakers at the Theatregoers first meeting of the year.

The Theatregoers Club, organized last spring by members of the University interested in the drama from the point of view of the audience was well attended last spring, and several notable figures of the drama addressed its meetings. Morris Gest, producer of "The Miracle"; E. E. Clive, f the Copley Theatre; and Leon Gordon, author who sponsored the activities of the new organization.

Gould is New York Agent

This year the club has found it necessary to secure the services of a graduate to keep the Club informed on New York productions, and C. T. Lane '26, President of the Club, announced last night that A. L. Gould '25 has been secured for the New York post.

De Wolfe Hopper, besides being famous for his exploits in the field of matrimony, is a comedian of great repute. He made his debut on the stage almost 50 years ago, appearing in "Our Boys." He has had companies of his own, and has also appeared with such old-timers as Weber and Fields. He is perhaps best known for his acting as Edward in "The Pirates of Penzance." Ko-Ko, in the "Mikado" is another role that he has pearance has been made in "The Better "Ole" in 1918, and with Francis Wilson in "Ermine."

Clive is Company Director

E. E. Clive, director, and usually feature actor in the plays of the Copley Theatre, is well known to theatre patrons in Boston. Since 1915, Mr. Clive was a member of the Jewett Players. Last year, a new stock company was formed at the Copley Theatre, and Clive was made director and manager of the new venture. Mr. Clive has always been interested in Harvard from the dramatical side, and he has spoken on the drama through the Union and the Theatregoers Club.