TROPHIES MAY BE GIVEN TO WINNING CLASS TEAM

Committee Considers Prize as Incentive for Football Interest--Seniors Clash With Freshmen Friday

As an added incentive to participation in class football, which was brought to life again this fall by Coach J. L. Knox '98, trophies will probably be awarded to the winning teams it was announced last night by D. A. Lomasney '28, acting captain of the Sophomore team, and head of the committee in charge.

The Senior class eleven, stopped but undefeated in a scoreless contest with the 1927 team last week, will meet an already defeated Freshman squad next Friday, while the Juniors will clash with the victorious Sophomores on the same day.

In their game with the Juniors, the 1926 men held a decided edge through out the first half, a fumble at a critical moment costing them a score which would have proved the margin of victory. Both teams showed a strong defense but were weak in the attack. H. K. Hudner '26, captain of the Seniors, and J. H. Gebelein '26, quarterback, were the outstanding players in the 1926 line and backfield respectively. The Freshmen, still smarting from the 15 to 6 defeat which they received at the hands of the second year men in the first game of the season, are expected to present a much improved defense and a stronger attack in their next conflict.

The initial enthusiasm exhibited at the start of the class football season has been waning and candidates for the teams have been dropping out during the last week. Large crowds and an unusual amount of enthusiasm were in evidence, however, at both of the games which have been played this season.