TAUSSIG IS HONORED BY BRITISH ACADEMY

ELIOT AND LOWELL AMONG THOSE PREVIOUSLY ELECTED

In the Alumni Bulletin issued yesterday was an announcement that Professor Frank William Taussig '79, of the department of Economics, had been honored by the British Academy in his election as a Corresponding Fellow of that organization.

"This learned body, which receives from Parliament a yearly subvention of '2,000 pounds for the promotion of research," says the Bulletin, "was established in 1902, with Lord Rosebery, W. E. H. Lecky, and James Bryce--as he then was--among its incorporators. The Earl of Balfour, is now its president. Its membership is made up of 150 British Fellows and about 40 Corresponding Fellows of other nationalities.

Five of Nine From Harvard

"Of the nine Corresponding Fellows in the United States five are Harvard men--President Eliot, President Lowell, Mr. Justice Holmes, Professor Kittredge, and now Professor Taussig."

Receiving his A.B. degree at Harvard in 1779, Professor Taussig took successively his Ph.D., A.M., and LL.B. at the University. Later on, from both Brown and Harvard he received Litt.D. degrees, and in 1920 was given and LL.D. by Northwestern University.

Professor Taussig is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, ex-president of the American Economics Association, and Editor of the Quarterly Journal of Economics.