NO UPSETS RECORDED AS TENNIS PLAY ADVANCES

Seeded Players Are All Easy Winners--Courts Must Be Cleared So That Doubles Tourney May Start

Fifty-six first round matches were completed yesterday in the University tennis tournament.

The seeded men today had little trouble in advancing, and prolonged encounters were the exception.

Alden Briggs 1G.B., who was seeded number one, and who dominates the upper half, advanced in straight sets with only the loss of three games.

P. M. Lenhart '27 gained his second round bracket easily and is expected to form holds true; to meet W. I. Coleman 31, in the round before the semi-finals.

L. H. Gordon '27 raced through two opponents and in the quarter-finals should encounter G. N. Perkins '25 seeded number four and winner yesterday by default.

W. T. Smith '26, seeded eighth, and who also advanced to the second round by default, should, barring upsets, meet J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, University tennis captain, for the right to enter the semi-finals.

The tennis management has announced that all first round matches must be completed by tonight in order to have courts available for the doubles matches which will get under way by Thursday Men not completing their initial matches by tonight will be defaulted.