UNDEFEATED 1929 ELEVEN CLASHES WITH YALE TODAY

Blue First-Year Men Defeated Only by Strong Princeton 1929 Eleven

The Harvard Freshman eleven, unbeaten this season, clashes with Yale 1929 at 2 o'clock this afternoon in the Stadium. Although heavily outweighed, the Crimson team stands a fine chance to win the first victory a Freshman team has gained from Yale since 1919.

Captain French's men are not only undefeated, but have been scored on only once this season. The season started with a scoreless tie at Andover, but since that time 1929 has taken the measure of Exeter, 15 to 0, Worcester Academy, 25 to 6, and Cushing Academy, 35 to 0. With each game the Crimson team has increased in strength and it should be at the poak of its power this afternoon.

Eli Lost to Tiger 1929

The Yale Freshmen also defeated Exeter by a 15 0 score. The Elis trounced Andover 17 to 0, and took Roxbury School and Culver Military Academy into camp by scores of 16 to 6 and 29 to 0. Last weak they lost to an exceptionally strong Princeton team, 14 to 0.

That enthusiasm for Captain French's team is running high was evidenced last night by the Freshman mass meeting in Smith Halls quadrangle. Led by members of the University Band, the Freshmen snake danced around the Freshman Athletic Building, with flaming red torches lighting their way. Close to 500 were gathered in the quadrangle when the first eleven emerged from the Common Room and filed across the quadrangle to seats on the east porch.

Campbell Calls for Support

Dean E. A. Whitney '17 was the first speaker, and he was followed by Coach T. J. Campbell '12. Coach Campbell stressed the importance that support from the class would mean in today's game, and declared that the 1929 team would give its best.

W. H. Trumbull '15 was next introduced by B. W. Griscom '29, the presiding officer. Trumbull stated that the eyes of the graduate body were on the class of 1929.

"There are three things that will count today," he cried above the cheers which interrupted his speech time and again "They are spirit, loyalty, and fighting qualities. If you fellows show those three things tomorrow as your team here will, they cannot help winning."

"Going to Make Them Fall"

Captain A. E. French '29 was the next speaker. "You have called me an inspiring leader," he said, "but it is I who have been inspired by leading these men here. Now tomorrow we're meeting a team that's a lot heavier than we are; but remember that old adage, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall.' We're going to make them fall tomorrow."

Prolonged chearing followed French's speech, but eventually the cheers turned to calls for a speech from Mike, the "original rooter," who has been assisting in the cheerleading. Mike was finally prevailed upon to speak, and was understood to say that 1929 was a banner class and would do various, emphatic things to Yale. HARVARD 1929  YALE 1929 Burns, l.e.  r.e., Bingham Clark, l.t.  r.t., Eddy Parkinson, l.g.  r.g., Charlesworth Dorman, c.  c., Phillips Goodwin, r.g.  l.g., Godman Robinson, r.t.  l.t., Spiel O'Connell, r.e.  l.e., Kline Putnam, q.b.  q.b., Miller French, l.h.b.  r.h.l., Brandenburg Moore, r.h.b.  l.h.b. Garvey Cuaningham, f.b.  f.b., Decker