McKINLOCK WILL CONTAIN LIBRARY FOR FRESHMEN

COMMON AND POSSIBLY DINING ROOMS TO BE ABOLISHED

McKinlock Hall, the new Freshman dormitory now under construction, will radically differ from the other Freshman halls in that it will contain a library especially for the use of Freshmen.

Instead of dividing the first floor into a common room and a dining hall, it is planned to make the library take the place of one or both of these rooms. The students residing in McKinlock, which will open next fall, are expected to take their meals in Gore Hall.

The library in McKinlock will include books used in courses which are given especially for Freshmen. It will not be used merely for study, however, as it will contain many books of different types and will be, in part, a general library.

The library will constitute the main difference between McKinlock Hall and the other Freshman dormitories. Another small difference has been revealed in the plans. The wings of the new building will extend from the river at oblique angles, in contrast to the right angles formed by the corners of the wings of the present buildings.