NATIONAL PARK EXPERT WILL VISIT UNIVERSITY

EXPECTED TO DEAL WITH PARKS OF UTAH REGION

One week from Friday, the date announced for the appearance on the Union platform of John St. Loe Starchy, another Union audience will be able to hear Randall L. Jones, an architect by profession, a Mormon by religion, and a student of geology by avocation. Mr. Jones will speak at the Union on December 3, at 7.30 o'clock, in the Union Living Room.

As a representative of the Utah Parks Company, Mr. Jones is engaged in developing the natural parks and monuments of southern Utah and northern Arizona, including Zion Park, the northern rim of the Grand Canyon National Park, Cedar Breaks, the Bryce National Monument, and the Kaibot National Forest Reserve.

Harding Opened Reservation

This terrain is the newest of all the country's national scenic areas. Although set aside some years ago by the National Government, this area was not accessible until three years ago when the Union Pacific built a spur from Land, Utah, to Cedar City. This new train service was opened by President Harding on his ill-fated western trip from which he never returned.

The Union's speaker two weeks hence is engaged in developing and keeping in condition the roads and other means of communication to these preserves. His particular work is that of a liaison officer between state, county, park, and reserve boards.