A THICK BROGUE AT THE MAJESTIC

"The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady" Suffers From Homely Irish Sentiment--But Dancing is Excellent

"The Daughter of Rosie O'Grady" at the Majestic opens up in unpromising fashion. The Irish hero about to leave ould Ireland is disclosed sobbing lustily on his mother's shoulder, "Oh, mither, mither," while the old lady in turn sobs back, "Oh, me bye, me bye." In this strain of ripe old-fashioned Irish sentiment, the piece continues until the closing scene in which the two are reu- shakeup occurred in the line. Captain McMillan was the only man to remain a regular, and he was shifted to Crago's position at guard, with Bartell, who had been playing end early in the season, coming in to the center position. Gates, veteran tackle who had started every game for two seasons, was relegated to the substitute ranks.

The breaks were with Princeton when the Tigers battled to a 10-10 tie against Annapolis on October 17. Again Slagle led the Orange and Black attack, but he met his match in Shapley, brilliant Navy carrier. Princeton's touchdown was made by Caulkins, who intercepted a Navy pass and raced 93 yards for a touchdown. This score, with a field goal by Ewing, put Captain McMillan's men in the lead, 10 to 3, with the final period half over; but then Shapley of the Navy caught a pass and ran 55 yards for the tying touchdown.

Although Princeton was outplayed by Annapolis, the tie score was very encouraging and high hopes were entertained for victory over Colgate's great eleven.

Colgate Defeats Tigers

Princeton met defeat at the hands of Colgate on October 24, 9 to 0. The game was played in the rain and both Slagle and Tryon, great Colgate back, were badly hampered by the wet field. The teams were very evenly matched and there was no scoring until the last period. The Princeton line was greatly improved, and held Tryon in check until the closing minutes.

Last Saturday Princeton topped Swarthmore without great difficulty, thus winning the third of the victories Roper predicted before the season started. With Gates back in splendid form the Princeton line is improved, and the backfield strong although Weekes is probably out of the Harvard game with injuries sustained last Saturday. Princeton and Harvard both will be after their fourth victory of the season next Saturday