STUDENTS WILL CHEER TEAM AT GIGANTIC MASS MEETING

Hubbard Will Share Platform With Captain Cheek--Cheers to Be Led by Tibbetts

When the team that has been picked to face Princeton files on to the platform in the Living Room of the Union at 7.15 o'clock tonight, 1500 students are expected to rock the building with their cheers for the University eleven. The first mass meeting of the year is expected to find the Harvard student body behind its team, undiscouraged by the fact that the Crimson is regarded as the underdog. A year ago Princeton filled that role and what Princeton did to Harvard will not soon be forgotten. Memories of that contest will evoke the spirit of revenge in tonight's meeting.

Veteran of 1923 Victory Will Speak

C. J. Hubbard '24, leader of the only Harvard team that has beaten Princeton since the war, will speak this evening. Hubbard was a captain who led by example, being the best guard in the country for two seasons. His 1923 eleven the last Crimson team to invade the Princeton gridiron, carried away a 5--0 victory.

That was the only triumph the Crimson has scored in the last six contests with the Orange and Black. Two games were tied, and three have gone into the Princeton win column. But the sentiment of Harvard undergraduates seems to be that Saturday is another story. Princeton's record this year is not much more impressive than Harvard's, and the Crimson forces will invade New Jersey without over-confidence, but with a fighting spirit and determination.

Captain Cheek Also to Speak

Captain Cheek will share the speaking tonight with Hubbard. Cheers will be led by the regular squad of cheerleaders headed by W. L. Tibbets '26 K. M. Rogers '26 will lead the singing.

The University Band will play over the new "Stadium March" composed by Edward Ballantine '07, and verses written to the time will be welcomed by Mr. Ballantine at the Music Building.

I don't know of anything easier than supporting a team that wins its games consistently. The time to show your Harvard fighting spirit is when the team is not always winning. The real supporter backs his eleven, win or lose.

Every man can't be on the Harvard team, but every Harvard man can help to victory by giving his support to the limit of his energy. The team plays to the limit of its energy, and the backers of the team should cheer in the same way.

Harvard has a team that has fought to the end, win or lose. They'll do it again on Saturday.

Rock the Union tonight and get behind your fighting team. E. L. FARRELL,   Football Trainer.