CAMPBELL RESIGNS H. A. A. POST TO ENTER BUSINESS

GENERAL REGRET EXPRESSED BY ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION

The third resignation from last season's football coaching staff was made known yesterday, with the announcement that T. J. Campbell '12, Assistant Graduate Treasurer of the Harvard Athletic Association, and Freshman football coach for the last three years, will resign his position on January 1, to enter the bond department of the Old Colony Trust Company. Coach Campbell's resignation closely follows those of R. T. Fisher '12, former head coach Major C. F. Daly '01, backfield coach, and M. J. Logan '15, chairman of the Graduate Football Advisory Committee.

Along with his duties as Freshman football coach and Assistant Graduate Treasurer, Coach Campbell has rendered service during three years, as Supervisor of Baseball, as "manager of the managers", and he has also had charge of all schedule making and transportation problems. He succeeded W. J. Bingham '16 as Assistant Graduate Treasurer in December, 1922. A year previous to this appointment he had coached the Freshman football team which tied Princeton Freshmen and lost by a 6 to 0 score to the Yale first year team.

"It has been my intention for some time to enter business," stated Coach Campbell yesterday, "and my resignation is in no way the result of any dissatisfaction with the present order of things."

Major F. W. Moore '92 in expressing his regret over Mr. Campbell's resignation said, "I am sorry to see Coach Campbell leave. He has done an awfully good job in his three years as Assistant Graduate Treasurer and Freshman football coach."

Mr. Campbell, who graduated in 1912, played halfback on the University teams of 1910 and 1911 team was captained by R. T. Fisher '12, former head coach. Coach Campbell also played in the outfield of the second University baseball team while in college.

Since his graduation from Harvard. Mr. Campbell has gained a wide experience in the coaching profession. In 1912-13 he coached all branches of athletics as Morristown School and in 1913 he returned for two years as assistant coach under Percy D. Haughton '99. In 1915 he became head coach at Bowdoin College and the following year was mentor of the University of North Carolina's Mr. Campbell a captain in the American Expeditionary Forces, and in 1919 he again took up the coaching reins at North Carolina. In the autumn of 1921 he returned to Cambridge as coach of the Freshman football team and the following year, before his appointment to his present position was head football coach at the University of Virginia.