Texan Who Lost His .45 and Radcliffe Student Who Lost Her Hair Supply Pathos in Lost and Found Record-Book

Hundreds of fragmentary stories have been written in the University lost and found book which is kept in the office of Mr. C. R. Apted, superintendent of care-takers, for the benefit of those who have found or lost articles.

There was the gentleman who lost his bag of laundry; the Texan, presumably he came from the Lone Star state, who never saw his .45 automatic again; and the scholar, too, who mislaid his brief case three days in succession, and each day found it waiting for him at the office.

Careful study of the records shows that an increased number of watches are lost during the examinations. The entries in the book also seem to vary with the season and the fashions. When straw hats are appearing in May no end of battered Stesons are apparently not counted worth searching for when lost.

Only last week a Radcliffe student lost her back hair in the New Lecture Hall, and was fortunate enough to find it later, just across the street. The record book tells no more of the incident. But what is the entire story? Was she asleep at the switch?

Mr. Apted's office is continually swamped with all sorts of lost articles. Notices are posted, and the record book also helps, but only some of the things are ever returned to the owners.

To escape total innurdation the superintendent's office semi-annually sends a part of the lost articles to Phillips Brooks House. Textbooks and notebooks are put in use in the loan library, while clothing goes out through the regular welfare channels from the house.