DIXON MEETS DECISIVE DEFEAT IN TITLE MATCH

TEAM TO LEAVE FOR BUFFALO TOMORROW

W. P. Dixon '25, captain of the University squash team, met decisive defeat yesterday at the hands of M. P. Baker '22 in the final round of the state squash racquets championship, played on the B. A. A. courts, Baker dropped the first game 10-15, but easily captured the remaining three 15-9, 15-6, and 15-8.

From the first, Baker adopted a hard, offensive style calculated to upset Dixon's more conservative gime. Repeated smashes from the front of the court to an inch or two above the tin proved too difficult for Dixon to return, so that after the second game little doubt remained as to the outcome. From first to last Baker's was a brilliant game and showed great improvement over his former match with Dixon on January 10, in the Harvard-B. A. A. contest. On this accasion Dixon won by a very slight margin, the games standing 15-6, 8-15, 15-12, 11-15, 18-16.

Baker captured the University squash title last year; when a first-year graduate student, and was second only to Dixon, then state champion and national semi-finalist, in the ranking list of Coach Cowles.

If Baker journeys to Buffalo to compete in the individual tournament on Saturday, there is a good chance of his meeting Dixon once more. Dixon will not enter this tournament, however, it he feels that by doing so he reduces the efficiency of the University team. The tournament will be held at the Buffalo Tennis and Squash Courts. Captain Dixon and Coach Cowles will leave for Buffalo tomorrow morning at 10 o'clock. The rest of the team will follow at 6.10 on the same evening.