TIBBETTS WINS SECOND PLACE IN LEGION MILE

Track Team Prepares for Meet Saturday--Dartmouth and Cornell Entries Show Unexpected Strength

W. L. Tibbetts '26 finished second to Jole Ray and beat out Leo Larrivee of Boston College in the Legion Mile at the American Legion Games at the East Armory yesterday.

Lloyd Hahn, who recently broke Nurmi's mile record, dropped out at the half-mile mark.

Tibbetts is expected by Coach Farrell to win the two-mile run on Saturday at the Triangular meet with Dartmouth and Cornell. This will release Cutcheon for the mile. Watters is being depended upon to win the 1000-yard run, though he has done no running in competition this winter. The greatest strength of the University team rests in its distance and middle distance runners.

The announcement of the Dartmouth and Cornell entries changed the forecasts of the outcome of the meet little. Six men who were point-winners for Dartmouth last year and eight of Cornell's 1924 team are entered, Cornell, last year's winner, seems stronger in the sprints and is relying to a large extent also upon her weightmen and polevaulters. There seems to be weakness in the Cornell distance squad for A. B. McNeill is almost the only outstanding runner. In the hurdles and the middle distances the team shows poorly. On Saturday despite any weakness in his team Coach Mookeley will present a squad comparing favorably with his victorious invaders of last year.

Parker, captain-elect of the Green football team, will lead the Dartmouth weightmen against Cornell and the Crimson. He will be supported by untried men in his event. In the broad-jump and the sprints Dartmouth has entered veterans of last year, but in the distances her runners are untested.