FARRELL NAMES CRIMSON ENTRANTS FOR SATURDAY

Harvard Will Be Strong in Middle and Long Distance Events Against Dartmouth and Cornell

Entries for the Cornell-Dartmouth-Harvard track and field meet at Mechanics Building on Saturday evening are made complete with the announcement of the Crimson line-up.

The strength of the University team is found in its runners. In the sprints the season's performances of the squad have been extraordinary. Coach Farrell has in Miller a runner of great ability who may readily carry off first in the dash. Chase and Robb will support him. The 300-yard run should be more closely contested, yet Allen and Lundell seem certain of places. Haggerty and Kane in the 600 will meet strong competition from the Green, but Coach Farrell is counting on them for places.

Crimson Has Strong Trio

But of the whole squad, the distance runners show the greatest power and promise, with Watters, Cutcheon and Tibbetts entered in the 1000, the mile and the two-mile respectively, the Cornell and Dartmouth invaders should have difficulty in scoring first places.

The hurdles, however, have a confessedly weaker representation than any other University running event, but Fletcher has been improving all winter and should place.

Jenney is Harvard's Bet in Jump

When the field men report on Saturday at the University cage, the Crimson representatives will meet much greater opposition than the track contestants at Mechanics Building. Cornell is strong in the weights and Dartmouth in the jumps, so that any ability shown by Crimson competitors will be matched by opposition of the strongest sort. Jenney in the high jump is the most consistent performer for the University, having cleared 5 ft. 11 in, regularly. But Dartmouth threatens to carry off this event through the jumping of Herrmann, who has done 6 feet this winter. For the broad jump Coach Farrell presents Broome, whose ability is steadily increasing. Robb, who suffered a broken leg in football, is entered, despite the handicap of his injury. The chances of the pole-vaulters cannot be prophesied for except Atwater, the entrants are untried. Whatever may be Cornell's threat in the weights, Porter in the shotput and Berglund in the 35-pound weight should be able to withstand the attack of the visitors.