WATTERS SURE TO RUN IN TRIANGULAR MEET

O'NEIL ALSO IN SHAPE FOR 1928 RELAY CONTEST

Coach Farrell announced yesterday that, contrary to all rumors, J. N. Watters '26 will be in condition for the 1000-yard race tomorrow evening in the triangular meet with Dartmouth and Cornell. A. H. O'Neil '28, who was reported suffering from a burst blood vessel, will compete Saturday in the Freshman relay.

Professor L. B. R. Briggs '75 will be the Honorary Referee at the Harvard Interscholastic track meet to be held at Mechanics Building tomorrow afternoon. He will be assisted by William J. Bingham '12, former captain and coach of the University team, who will act as referee.

Forty-two preparatory schools and high schools have entered 408 contestants. The schools are divided into three classes, Preparatory, and A and B High School. In each division the University offers a cup to the winning school.

The Interscholastic and the triangular meet with Dartmouth and Cornell on Saturday will be followed by the Winter Track Carnival on Monday, March 2. Any student in the University, including the Graduate Schools, is eligible to compete. A liberal handicap will be given all entrants not on the team in every meet except the high hurdles. University track men will start from scratch in all events.

In the Carnival the feature events will be the shot putters and 35-pound weightmen's relay, the manager's relay, and the CRIMSON-Lampoon relay. It is predicted that the CRIMSON will defeat the Lampoon by the customary half lap.

The other events are: the 40-yard handicap; 45-yard hurdles, scratch; 300-yard handicap; 600-yard handicap; 1000-yard handicap; mile handicap; two-mile run; shot put; high jump; javelin throw; discus throw; broad jump; 35-pound weights.