GREEN TO BE FIRST OF TRIO OF UNION SPEAKERS

ATTENDANCE AT LUNCHEONS WILL BE STRICTLY LIMITED

A series of important lectures will be presented on the Union platform during the next week, beginning tomorrow with the address of Mr. William Green.

Mr. Green is president of the American Federation of Labor, a post to which he was elected following the death of Samuel Gompers, the former incumbent. He has always interested himself in labor problems and has served the United Mine Workers of America in several capacities. For two terms he was a member of the Ohio Senate, and later he was a delegate from Ohio to the Democratic National Convention held in San Francisco in 1920. Since his election to the presidency of the American Federation of Labor his actions have been followed with the utmost interest.

Mr. Green's lecture will be on "Modern Trade Unionism." The address will take place at 7.30 o'clock tomorrow in the Living room of the Union.

On Tuesday Mr. Clarence S. Darrow will be given a luncheon, at which he will speak on "Crime and Punishment." Mr. Darrow is considered one of the most brilliant criminal and corporation lawyers in the United States. He came into especial prominence through his defense of Loeb and Leopold last summer. The attendance at this luncheon will be limited to the first 200 Union members who sign up at the newsstand of the Union.

On the following Friday, March 27, Major-General A. A. Fries will speak at the seventh Union luncheon on some phase of chemical warfare. General Fries was in charge of this department of the United States Army during the war. Union members may sign as usual for this luncheon at the newsstand.