THE GODDESS BEAMS

To those persistent prophets who have foreseen nought but "hard times" in Harvard athletics, the returns from the contests of Friday and Saturday will be an unwelcome rebuttal. In all, ten victories were registered by University and Freshman teams. The hockey team has ended its season in a glow of success. A final victory compensates in great measure for its bitterly fought defeat.

But it is especially upon the track team that aura of victory must descend; it has won, for the first time since their establishment seven years ago, the Triangular Meet. This victory, well deserved by the unremitting effort of coaches and contestants, is doubly sweet, for it has been so long untasted. The University, without undue inflation of its hopes, is glad to find in these scores the augury of the oncoming season. With this happy beginning, the track team must go on with a lighter heart. And with no slackening of the thorough application of thought, strength, and skill toward the approaching struggles, the University hopes to be as proud of the final record as it is of the success of this initial tryout.