TOUCH IN EPEE GIVES HARVARD FATAL WOUND

MEET ELIS AGAIN IN APRIL IN INTERCOLLEGIATES

The University and Freshman fencing teams went down in defeat before Yale at New Haven Saturday in the final meet of the season before the Intercollegiate Tournament. The University team lost by the close score of 7-6 and the Freshman by 8-1.

The Crimson swordsmen had the advantage in the University foils events, taking five out of the nine matches. In the epee, Yale showed a decided superiority, taking three out of the four matches.

Entering the epee events with a 5-4 advantage in the foils behind them, the University team lost two matches, but tied the scorre at 6-6 when Morss scored a touch on Mouat. In the last bout of the meet, Mengel of Yale, after parrying for several minutes with Morss, finally scored a quick touch, winning the meet for Yale.

In all probability the University and Yale teams will meet again in the Intercollegiate Tournament which will be held in New York early in April. The University fencers, whose defeat on Saturday was the only one this season, are expected to make a strong bid for the intercollegiate crown. The Crimson team has won the championship for the last two years.

The summary:

University Meet, Foils Kelsey (Y) defeated Durham (H), 5-4; Carrillo (H) defeated Davenport (Y), 5-2; Carrillo (H) defeated Kelsey (Y), 5-3; Finney (H) defeated Elwell (Y), 5-4; Elwell (Y) defeated Carrillo (H), 5-4; Kelsey (Y) defeated Finney (H), 5-1; Durham (H) defeated Elwell (Y), 5-3; Brown (Y) defeated Finney (H), 5-1; Durham (H) defeated Davenport (Y), 5-3

University Meet, Epee Mengel (Y) defeated Snedeker (H), 1-0; Mouat (Y) defeated Snedeker (H), 1-0; Morss (H) defeated Mouat (Y), 1-0; Mengel (Y) defeated Morss (H), 1-0.